On the theme of Wednesday’s post, I thought I would extend the idea of an intimate outdoor gathering to today’s “Easy Entertaining”. Invite over a few friends, set the scene with a fire and a few decorations, and add a few tasty nibbles to the mix. Oh, and don’t forget the perfect bottle of wine!
1. The folks at Kinfolk recently released this cookbook promoting their mantra of putting emphasis on the relationships that surround eating rather than a long complex menu. It sounds like a delightful idea- keep things easy and focus on spending time with good company!! I”m very curious to see what recipes are included in the book. Stay tuned for a full report!
2. In love with these delicate yet rustic tin votives
3. Campfire Popcorn!!!! Make sure to add a little salt and sugar just after popping!
4. I’ve had my eye on a chalkboard cheeseboard for sometime now. Great look, and also saves you the effort of explaining cheeses all night to guests.
5. The Prisoner is one of my favorite red wines, blending Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Petite Syrah and Grenache. It features flavors of cherry, espresso and roasted fig which I think sounds perfect for a fall setting.
6. If you are going to make your friends sit outside all night, it’s essential that you have a good stack of blankets on hand to keep everyone warm!
7. See #6. The fire is also key.