Continuing this week with more gift guides! Today I’m featuring gifts for bar and home- perfect for the hosts and foodies in your life!
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?? I can’t believe it is only two weeks away! With that, I’m bringing back my gift guides for nearly everyone on your list. Starting today with gifts fit for the pickiest princess. But some budget friendly items mixed in too!
Do you have a favorite color, the kind that when you see anything made in that hue, the color alone makes you immediately fall in love and NEED to buy? In the summer, I have a strong urge to buy anything lime/neon green and in the fall/winter I am incredibly drawn to anything wine colored. The color is so rich and pleasing- and lucky for me, many designers seem to agree. You can pair it with almost anything: wine paired with black is exceptionally dramatic, mixing it up with a camel more on the traditional side, while a neon lavender makes for a trendy contrast and a white crisp shirt with those cords? I mean, how can you not fall in love?? Also- how happy are we that the peplum trend continues to be here to stay?
So whether you call it cabernet, plum, oxblood- its one of my favorites and I’ll be hunting more items down all season long! What is your favorite fall fashion color???
On the theme of Wednesday’s post, I thought I would extend the idea of an intimate outdoor gathering to today’s “Easy Entertaining”. Invite over a few friends, set the scene with a fire and a few decorations, and add a few tasty nibbles to the mix. Oh, and don’t forget the perfect bottle of wine!
1. The folks at Kinfolk recently released this cookbook promoting their mantra of putting emphasis on the relationships that surround eating rather than a long complex menu. It sounds like a delightful idea- keep things easy and focus on spending time with good company!! I”m very curious to see what recipes are included in the book. Stay tuned for a full report!
2. In love with these delicate yet rustic tin votives
3. Campfire Popcorn!!!! Make sure to add a little salt and sugar just after popping!
4. I’ve had my eye on a chalkboard cheeseboard for sometime now. Great look, and also saves you the effort of explaining cheeses all night to guests.
5. The Prisoner is one of my favorite red wines, blending Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Petite Syrah and Grenache. It features flavors of cherry, espresso and roasted fig which I think sounds perfect for a fall setting.
6. If you are going to make your friends sit outside all night, it’s essential that you have a good stack of blankets on hand to keep everyone warm!
7. See #6. The fire is also key.
It seems absolutely crazy to write this post when it is 60 degrees and misting rain here in Boston, but I REFUSE to give up on summer! Come hell or high water, I WILL enjoy at least one more beach day before putting on boots and wool jackets. We have three weeks left and a great long weekend ahead of us!
Nick and I have been very lucky this year to fill our time with trips to Cape Cod. (oh hi, yes. that is where I’ve been) To me there is nothing better than a day spent at/ in the ocean. I’m usually the one crazy person swimming in the cold water and could spend the ENTIRE day in the sun. (Although Nick usually pries me away for a little biking action.) I’m surprisingly minimalist when it comes to what to bring to the beach. I hate to lug 500 things from the car, so give me a blanket and magazine- maybe some blueberries- and I’m good to go. Sunscreen (I swear by Kiehl’s 50spf) is an absolute MUST as well. The rest of these items are also rather wonderful- because who DOESN’T want to match their umbrella to their paddleball game?
What are your beach essentials???